International conference: Living territories
What are the benefits of a territorial approach to agricultural production, agri-chain regulation, services provision? What is the role of community-based actions in the provision of new rules, norms and acts towards territorial development? Are they helpful in addressing conflict resolution and strengthening regulation? How to conceive and implement methods and tools to foster territorial development? Finally, can territorial strategies contribute to renovate the framework for development?
Three specific objectives are identified for this conference, namely:
- To highlight new methods and scientific knowledge on territorial approaches to rural development, specifically in the Global South.
- To showcase successful place-based innovations and projects including organisational and institutional reforms.
- To analyse and question the conditions of success for territorial development, especially within the context of the implementation of the SDGs.
The debates will be devoted to the following themes:
- Innovations, coordinations and regulations.
- Agri-chains and territorial development.
- Territorial development and globalization: think locally, act globally?
This conference is organized by CIRAD in partnership with AFD, the CGIAR System Organization and CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM), the NEPAD, the GFAR, PNUD-ART, AgroParisTech, IAMM, INRA, the RIMISP, Wageningen University, and with the support from the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and the French Ministry of Agriculture and Food.