Montpellier sits at the heart of the Mediterranean arc, halfway between Italy and Spain.
Montpellier Méditerranée Airport, among fastest growing French airport, is the 11thn busiest airport in France. It achieved 1.670 million passengers in 2016.
For Winter 2017/2018, valid from 29 October 2017 to 24 March 2018, 10 scheduled carrier flights to Montpellier: Air Algérie, Air France, Air Arabia Maroc, Chalair, Easyjet, HOP!, KLM, Royal Air Maroc, Ryanair, Volotea)
- France: Paris Orly: Up to 10x daily flights (hub to New York, French Overseas)
- Paris Roissy CDG: 4x daily flights (hub to the world)
- Nantes: Up to 4x daily flights
- Brest: 2x weekly flights
- Strasbourg: 2x weekly flights
- Lille: 2x weekly flights
- Amsterdam: 6x weekly flights (hub to the world)
- London Gatwick: Up to daily flight
- Basel Mulhouse: 2x weekly flights
- Charleroi Brussels South: 3 x weekly flights
- International Algiers: &x weekly flight (hub to Africa)
- Casablanca: 6x weekly flights (hub to Africa)
- Fez: 4x weekly flights
- Marrakesh: 3x weekly flights
- Nador: 2x weekly flights
The airport is 10 kilometers from Montpellier center (15 minutes drive), midway between the town and the sea. Taxis, car rental and a shuttle service (11 times/day) are available. The cost of a taxi is around €25, and the cost of the shuttle is less than €2.
In order to book your ticket, please click here
for ticket fares at reduced rates
Event ID: 31179AF
Other options to reach Montpellier:
It is also possible to reach Montpellier by landing at Marseille then take the high-speed train (TGV) at the airport to arrive in downtown Montpellier, or to rent a car (1.30 hour drive). Marseille has many direct international flights.
Marseille-Provence international airport website
Barcelona is another option with a 3h30 drive or less than 3h by train from Montpellier and offers many international direct flights.
Other regional airports (maximum 100 kilometres from Montpellier) also offer European flights, mainly low-cost:
- Nîmes: Nîmes airport website
- Béziers: Beziers airport website
- Carcassone: Carcassonne airport website
- Perpignan: Perpignan airport website
High-speed train(TGV): 12 direct high speed trains are operating daily from downtown Paris (3h ½) and 5 daily direct high-speed trains from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport (4 hours). The train station is located downtown Montpellier near the Corum and most of the hotels.
There are also direct trains to Barcelona, Brussels, Geneva, Nice and Italy, Bordeaux, etc.
Montpellier is linked to Paris by the A9 and A75 Motorways (aroud 700 kms). It is also linked to Italy, Spain, Switzerland.
Map out your route with Michelin